The Healthy Communities Initiative is focused on supporting regular programming needs of nonprofit organizations for the continuation or enhancement of existing projects, as well as the development of new project offerings. The Healthy Communities Initiative provides support to health-focused nonprofit organizations You can view the Request for Proposal here. The technical assistance webinar is available here.
If your organization is experiencing unexpected challenges related to the COVID-19 crisis, please contact Laura Boone, Senior Program Officer, at 304-397-5955 ext. 103, to discuss whether the Foundation can assist you in addressing your needs.
The Healthy Communities Initiative is a one-stage application process that consists of submitting the full application. Potential applicants do not need to submit a Letter of Inquiry. A potential applicant should review the Criteria section to ensure that your organization meets the Foundation’s basic eligibility requirements. Additionally, a potential applicant should review the Health and Wellness Focus Area to ensure your proposed project is appropriately aligned. If you have questions about your project, you may contact Laura Boone, Senior Program Officer, at 304-397-5955 ext. 103 or email@example.com.
In 2020, the Pallottine Foundation of Huntington has budgeted $1,000,000 for the Healthy Communities Initiative. Individual grant awards will range from $5,000 to $50,000. The 2020 application guidance will be posted in early April 2020. The grant period will be for one year. Key dates for this application cycle are:
|Request for Proposals Issued||March 30, 2020|
|Proposal Submission Deadline||May 15, 2020 (Extended)|
|Funding Decision Announcement||June 15, 2020 (Extended)|
|Grant Agreements & Funding Awards||June 15 – June 30, 2020|
|Grant Performance Period||July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021|
Grant Application Guidelines
All Healthy Communities Initiative applications must be submitted through the Foundation’s grant management system. An application submitted through any other format will not be accepted. To begin the process, click here to establish an Organization Account or login into your existing account. For questions about using the grant management system, applicants should contact Janet Spry, Operations Manager, at 304-397-5955 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information will be requested on the grant application:
Grant Application Information:
- Organization’s full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Contact name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Brief description of the organization’s purpose and mission.
- Organization’s tax-exempt status verification.
- Brief summary of the organization’s accomplishments and ability to address the identified needs for which the proposed project will be implemented.
- Description of the problem or needs the project will address.
- Definition of the population the project will target.
- Desired goals and outcomes for the project and how those outcomes will be measured.
- Timeline for achieving the project goals and outcomes.
- Supporting facts and data in support of the project.
- Compatibility of the proposed project with the PFH’s Mission and Vision for funding.
Grant Funding Request, Financial Information, and Other Supporting Data:
- Total cost of project.
- Projected amount of funding request with project budget.
- Other funders for project including community support and in-kind donations.
- Current year financial statements.
- Audit reports as available.
The Foundation Board and staff will review the application for project approval and funding level and notify each applicant of the decision.